Friday, March 27, 2009

Be Aware in Phone Verification

Posted by Susan Ong at Friday, March 27, 2009
Today I received a phone call saying that I got a 3-months insurance from AIA which is collaborated with Photokem. The reason I got this insurance is because I had ever bought camera from Photokem. I had ever bought two cameras in that Photokem branch.

I am a quite sensitive and careful person. I admitted that I had ever bought camera there. Then the person wanted to verify my IC number. Surprisingly, he was able to tell me my exact IC number. I started believe on this person.

However, after awhile, he asked me whether I was using cash or credit card to buy it that time. I answered, “cash.”. I wonder why he still asked me whether I got credit card although I said I used cash to bought camera. He changed to other topic when I told him I got no credit card. Again, he verified my address! It is correct as well!!! After verified address, he asked me a question related to credit card again. “Do your family member have credit card?” Obviously, he got something wrong. My answer is “No.” The phone straight away “tuuu…”. The person hangs up the phone.

I went to Photokem to make a complaint, asking why my data is being spread. They did make phone call to the number which called me. But end up no one pick up the phone. I was quite upset about my personal data being spread and yet, the salesmen in Photokem deny they spread the news. They claimed that I might spread my own data through other channels, but not from their company.

~~~~ This world is now full with bad guys. ~~~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment